Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Are you a chocolate lover? Do you like brownies? If so, then you will surely love these decadent brownie-like cookies. With their chewy fudgy centers and crackly crusts, they are truly irresistible. This is certainly a must-try recipe for chocolate lovers!
These fudgy chocolate brownie cookies are seriously everything that you’d ever hoped for. The cookies are super rich, chocolatey, chewy, and fudgy, not to mention the gorgeous texture of a brownie and dreamy crackles on top just like crinkles.
Are they hard to make? No, not at all. All you need is just a few basic ingredients. But to ensure the best results, I highly recommend for you to utilize high-quality chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa (70 percent). It is also important that you handle the chocolate with care.
Chop them very finely before melting them with the butter. And remember to use low heat to prevent burning. Your chocolate should be fully melted and smooth.
This fudgy chocolate brownie cookie recipe is a great way for chocolate lovers to feast. The cookies are chocolatey, chewy, and fudgy. Brownie-like, indeed.
7 ounces dark chocolate (finely chopped, 70 percent cocoa)
1/2 c. unsalted butter (diced)
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar (loosely packed)
2 large eggs
1 c. all-purpose flour
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan on low heat. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent the chocolate from burning. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and both sugars in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or an electric stand mixer. Whisk on medium speed for exactly 5 minutes. Reduce the speed and slowly pour in the chocolate, mixing for another minute.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and then mix them with the chocolate mixture. Mix briefly until just combined. Use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure that everything is combined.
- Drop large balls of dough onto your prepared pans using an ice cream scoop or spoon. Be sure to leave enough space between each of them as they will spread out once baked.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt if desired.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are crinkled and domed.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for at least 20 minutes.
- For this recipe, timing is very important. Keep in mind that the batter thickens quickly, so you would want to scoop all the cookies immediately.
When you remove the brownie cookies from the oven, they should be crinkled and domed, but they will collapse a little bit as they cool. This is what makes the fudgy, chewy centers. It is also important that you allow your cookies to cool on the baking trays for at least 20 minutes because moving them too early will only cause them to break.