Halloween Pumpkin Pie Cake With Frosting
We all love to have some fun at Halloween, but what about the treats? For me, I love making this special Halloween Pumpkin Pie Cake for me and my family. It’s kind of like a tradition for us. The kids and I get together and we make this dish as a family every year, and believe it or not, every year it turns out different, but I guess that’s just how it goes with baking 🙂
Let’s take a look at how you too can make this delicious Halloween pumpkin pie cake for your family this Halloween. Be sure to follow the instructions and get all your ingredients ready.
Halloween Pumpkin Pie Cake:
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3½ to 4 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
Halloween Pumpkin Pie Cake With Frosting Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and oil.
- Stir in eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder; stir just until combined.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- With an electric mixer combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth and creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Gradually add in powdered sugar, one cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread over cooled cake into any design you want, we always do spooky designs.
So will you give this recipe a try? It’s the perfect recipe for Halloween parties because it’s so simple and easy to put together, the presentation is super cute and spooky, and people will love its unique taste.
Of course, if it doesn’t come out right the first time, then just give it another shot, keep trying until you perfect it. You know, cooking and baking are all about experimenting and having fun!
Have a spooktacular Halloween everyone!