Heart-Shaped French Macarons
I know. I know. Valentine’s day is over, but it is not yet too late to serve these gorgeous Heart French Macarons to your special someone as well as to your friends and family members. After all, you can make each day special in your own simple ways. You don’t have to wait for Valentine’s day or Christmas time to show your love to the people around you.
French know how to do romance and there is an endless list of French pastry recipes that are quite popular across the world. So when you feel like having an intimate dinner with your better half or you simply want to make a family dinner extra special, these gorgeous Heart-Shaped French Macarons would be the perfect way to show some love.
Sure, they may look complicated, but the truth is, they are easier to make than you think. They are such delicate and flavorful cookies. Their exterior is soft and crunchy, plus they have this chewy delicious texture. Talk about love! So be it Mother’s day, baby shower, anniversary, or even on a regular day, these special macarons would be the star.
These naturally-flavored heart-shaped French macarons with vanilla buttercream filling are delicious and so lovely. They make a great dessert for parties. You can also give them away as a gift to your loved ones.
3 egg whites
1/4 c. white sugar
1 2/3 c. powdered icing sugar
1 c. almond flour
2 tsp. strawberry powder
Pink food dye (optional)
1 c. butter
4 c. icing sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. cream
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the almond flour, strawberry powder, and icing sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and continue beating for about 4 minutes or until glossy, stiff peaks form.
- Add a few drops of the pink dye to the egg whites.
- Carefully fold in the dry ingredients and make sure that everything is fully incorporated.
- Spoon the macaron batter into a piping bag with about a half-inch opening.
- Pipe the batter into the heart shapes on the tray. Smooth down any peaks on the macarons.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The glossy appearance should become matte.
- Let the macarons cool.
- Add the frosting to create macaron sandwiches.
- Combine the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 tbsp. of cream in a large bowl. You can add more cream until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag. Apply about a half tablespoon of frosting to the side of the macaron that was on the baking sheet and then sandwich with a second macaron on the same end.
- You are free to adjust the amount of dye that you add to the egg whites, depending on how vibrant-looking you want your macarons to be.
Enjoy these delicious Heart-Shaped French Macarons with those you love the most! 🙂