Whether you are looking for a winter, fall, spring, or summertime dessert, these beautiful Cherry Souffles would be a perfect choice. They are delicious and healthy, thanks to the cherries which are known as excellent antioxidants.
soft butter and sugar (for the ramekins)
10 ounces of cherries
2 tbsp cherry liqueur (kirsch)
2 tbsp powdered sugar
4 tbsp sugar
5 ounces sour cream
1/2 tsp organic orange zest
2 tbsp pastry flour
powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Grease 4 souffle ramekins using butter. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Mix the cherries (rinsed and pitted) with liqueur and powdered sugar. Divide into ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate eggs. Beat the yolks with about 1 3/4 ounces of sugar until white and creamy. Combine sour cream and orange zest and then add into the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and sprinkle the remaining sugar.
- Pour 1/3 of the egg whites onto the egg yolk mixture while sifting flour over top and fold together.
- Carefully fold remaining egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter into ramekins on top of the cherries.
- Bake souffles for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, dust with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.
- You have the option to top your souffles with dried cherries before serving.