There is nothing better to beat the heat of the summer season than a homemade mint chocolate ice cream full of chocolate shavings. In fact, you can make this all year round. With just a few basic ingredients, you can whip it up in a flash!
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1 (1.55) chocolate bar (frozen)
10 drops green food dye
- Whisk together the milk, sugar, cream, peppermint extract, and food dye in a bowl until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine, following the manufacturer’s instructions. This process can take about 30 minutes. it all depends on the machine that you are using.
- Shave the chocolate bar. You can do this using a grater.
- In the last few minutes of churning, add the chocolate shavings so they can be mixed in.
- Transfer ice cream into a container (freezer safe).
- Freeze for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- For the chocolate bar, you can use Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar.
- Serve the ice cream in a dish or on a cone.