Cheese is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways to create mouthwatering appetizers that are perfect for any party or gathering. Whether you prefer gooey melted cheese or sharp, tangy flavors, these 10 cheese appetizers are sure to satisfy your cravings.
From classic favorites like cheese balls and stuffed mushrooms to more unique offerings like cheesy bacon-wrapped dates and goat cheese-stuffed figs, there is something for everyone on this list. These recipes are easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making them perfect for entertaining guests.
Not only are these cheese appetizers delicious, they are also visually stunning and will impress your guests with their beautiful presentation. With a combination of savory and sweet flavors, these recipes will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Whether you’re planning a fancy cocktail party or a casual get-together, these 10 cheese appetizers are sure to be a hit with your guests. So go ahead and indulge in these irresistible cheese appetizers and get ready to be the star of your next party!
1. Baked Brie with Fig and Honey
There’s nothing quite like the combination of savory cheese and sweet fruit, and the Honey Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Walnuts recipe is a testament to that. This recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also a showstopper on any appetizer spread. The gooey brie cheese paired with the sticky fig jam and crunchy walnuts creates a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds singing.
What I love most about this recipe is its versatility. It can be served as an elegant appetizer at a dinner party or as a cozy snack on a movie night in. The recipe is also easily customizable, allowing for different types of nuts or jams to be used to suit individual tastes. The addition of honey adds a touch of sweetness that takes this dish to the next level.
This Honey Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Walnuts recipe has become a staple in my entertaining arsenal, and it never fails to impress my guests. It’s a simple and delicious appetizer that packs a punch in both flavor and presentation
- 1 wheel of brie cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- Crackers or baguette slices, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the brie from its packaging and place it on a baking sheet or oven-safe dish.
- Spread the fig jam over the top of the brie, covering it as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top of the fig jam.
- Drizzle the honey over the entire surface of the brie.
- Bake the brie for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Remove the brie from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the brie with crackers or baguette slices for dipping and spreading.
2. Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
This Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite recipes to make when I have guests over or when I want a snack that’s both easy and delicious. I love this recipe because it only requires eight ingredients, most of which I already have in my pantry or fridge. The recipe is low-carb and gluten-free, which is perfect for anyone who wants to stick to a specific diet or lifestyle.
The combination of spinach and artichokes creates a creamy and savory base, while the cream cheese and sour cream add tanginess and richness to the dip. The garlic and Parmesan cheese bring a nice depth of flavor to the dish, while the mozzarella cheese on top adds a deliciously cheesy crust. I also love that this dip is super easy to make, and it comes together in just 30 minutes.
This Spinach Artichoke Dip is perfect for serving as an appetizer or snack for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or having a movie night with friends, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies into your diet while indulging in a deliciously satisfying treat.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add grated parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, chopped spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, and minced garlic to the mixing bowl. Mix everything until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9-inch baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve warm with your favorite veggies, crackers, or chips.
3. Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeno poppers are a classic appetizer that’s always a hit at any party or gathering. And when you add crispy bacon to the mix, it takes the flavor to a whole new level. That’s why I love this recipe for jalapeno poppers with bacon from Natasha’s Kitchen.
The combination of the spicy jalapenos, savory bacon, and creamy cheese filling is simply irresistible. The recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is a crowd-pleasing appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion. The crispy bacon adds a smoky flavor and texture that perfectly complements the spicy jalapenos and creamy cheese filling.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also versatile. You can easily adjust the spiciness level to suit your taste by removing the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos, or leaving them intact for a spicier kick. Plus, you can make a large batch of these poppers in advance and freeze them for later use.
- 8 medium jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut off the stem end of each jalapeno and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and crumbled bacon.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is golden brown and the jalapenos are tender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
4. Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs
If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful appetizer that will impress your guests, look no further than these Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Figs with Herb Goat Cheese. The combination of sweet and savory flavors in this recipe is simply irresistible. The sweet figs, creamy goat cheese, and salty bacon blend together in perfect harmony to create a mouthwatering bite-sized appetizer.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to make. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a plate of delicious appetizers ready to go in no time. And the best part? These bacon-wrapped figs can be served either hot or at room temperature, making them a great option for entertaining.
Not only are these stuffed figs delicious and easy to make, but they are also a healthier appetizer option. Figs are a great source of fiber and antioxidants, while goat cheese is lower in fat and calories than many other types of cheese. So not only will your taste buds thank you for serving up these tasty treats, but your body will thank you as well.
- 12 fresh figs
- 6 strips bacon, cut in half
- 4 oz. herb goat cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the stems of the figs and slice each fig in half, lengthwise.
- Stuff each fig half with a small spoonful of herb goat cheese.
- Wrap each stuffed fig half with half a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped figs onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Brush the honey-balsamic mixture over the bacon-wrapped figs.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the figs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy and figs are soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
5. Caprese Skewers with Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil
Caprese skewers are the perfect party appetizer, combining the delicious flavors of fresh mozzarella, juicy cherry tomatoes, and fragrant basil leaves. I love this recipe for its simplicity and versatility. It is easy to prepare, yet looks elegant and sophisticated when served. The ingredients are easy to find and can be easily adapted to suit your taste preferences.
What I particularly enjoy about this recipe is the combination of textures and flavors. The creamy mozzarella, juicy tomato, and aromatic basil provide a perfect balance of sweet, salty, and fresh flavors. The skewers also make for a great finger food, perfect for guests to enjoy while mingling.
I also appreciate the health benefits of this recipe. It is a low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly option that satisfies hunger while providing essential nutrients. Overall, these caprese skewers are a delightful addition to any party or gathering, and I am confident that they will quickly become a crowd favorite.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves and pat them dry. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Thread one cherry tomato, one mozzarella ball, and one basil leaf onto each skewer. Repeat until all skewers are filled.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving platter.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
I absolutely love the Baked Parmesan Zucchini Curly Fries recipe from EatingWell. As someone who tries to incorporate more vegetables into their diet, this recipe is the perfect way to do so. Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that is low in calories and high in nutrients, and it makes for a great substitute for traditional french fries.
The recipe is easy to follow, and the zucchini fries come out crispy and delicious every time. The addition of Parmesan cheese and garlic powder gives the fries a burst of flavor that is sure to satisfy any craving. The best part is that they are baked, not fried, making them a healthier alternative to regular fries.
These Baked Parmesan Zucchini Curly Fries are a perfect side dish for any meal or a great snack for any time of the day. They are also a fun way to introduce children to new vegetables and can make for a great healthy snack for them too. Overall, this recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves a good crispy snack but wants to keep it healthy.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchinis and slice them into thin strips using a spiralizer.
- In a bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip the zucchini strips into the egg, then coat them in the Parmesan mixture.
- Place the coated zucchini strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini fries are crispy and golden brown.
7. Prosciutto Wrapped Melon and Cheese
I absolutely adore the combination of sweet and salty flavors, and this recipe for Prosciutto Melon Skewers perfectly captures that balance. The sweetness of the ripe cantaloupe pairs perfectly with the saltiness of the prosciutto, creating a flavor explosion with each bite.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. Simply cut the cantaloupe into bite-sized pieces, wrap each piece in a slice of prosciutto, and thread onto skewers. It’s the perfect appetizer for any occasion, from summer barbecues to holiday parties.
I also love the presentation of this dish – the colorful combination of orange and pink hues from the cantaloupe and prosciutto make it a beautiful addition to any table. Plus, the skewers make it easy to serve and eat, allowing guests to simply grab and go.
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 10 wooden skewers
- Cut the cantaloupe into bite-size chunks.
- Cut each prosciutto slice in half lengthwise.
- To assemble the skewers, take a piece of cantaloupe and fold a slice of prosciutto around it. Thread the cantaloupe onto the skewer, then add a fresh basil leaf. Repeat this process until you have used all the ingredients.
- Serve the skewers chilled.
8. Mini Mac and Cheese Bites
As a big fan of macaroni and cheese, I absolutely love this recipe for fried macaroni and cheese bites. It takes the classic comfort food to a whole new level, and the result is crispy, golden-brown bites that are oozing with cheesy goodness. The recipe is simple and straightforward, making it easy to follow along even for beginner cooks.
What I appreciate most about this recipe is that it allows me to enjoy the indulgent taste of mac and cheese in a fun and unique way. These bite-sized pieces are perfect for serving as a party appetizer, snack, or even a side dish for dinner. The combination of crispy fried exterior and the creamy, cheesy interior is simply irresistible.
The recipe is also versatile, allowing for variations and personalizations. For example, you can mix in different types of cheeses, add bacon bits or other seasonings for a twist. This recipe is definitely a crowd-pleaser, and every time I make it, it’s always a hit. I highly recommend trying it out if you’re a fan of mac and cheese or looking for a fun and creative way to enjoy it.
- 4 cups leftover macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Canola oil, for frying
- Scoop leftover macaroni and cheese into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs.
- In a third bowl, combine panko and Parmesan.
- Roll each ball in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Roll in panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 inch canola oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry macaroni and cheese bites in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown and heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt, if desired, and serve immediately.
9. Gorgonzola Stuffed Mushrooms
As a lover of all things cheesy and savory, this Baked Mushrooms with Gorgonzola Blue Cheese recipe is an absolute favorite of mine. The combination of tender, juicy mushrooms and the rich and tangy Gorgonzola cheese creates an explosion of flavors in your mouth that is simply irresistible.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make, yet it looks and tastes like a gourmet dish. The mushrooms are first baked in the oven until they are tender and juicy, then topped with a mixture of creamy Gorgonzola cheese, breadcrumbs, and herbs before being returned to the oven to become golden and crispy.
This dish is perfect as a starter or as a side dish for any occasion, from an intimate dinner party to a casual family dinner. It’s also a great vegetarian option for those who love rich, comforting flavors.
- 1 lb. of button mushrooms
- 3 oz. of Gorgonzola blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse and dry the mushrooms, then remove the stems and set them aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushroom caps to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until they release their liquid and become tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the Gorgonzola cheese and heavy cream.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the Gorgonzola mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Crush the mushroom stems and mix them with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the stuffed mushroom caps.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving. Enjoy!
10. Cheese and Charcuterie Board
Charcuterie boards are a favorite among many foodies, and for good reason. They are versatile, easy to put together, and perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a cozy night in or a festive gathering, a charcuterie board is always a crowd-pleaser. That’s why I love this recipe for a 10-Minute Charcuterie Board from Tasty Galaxy.
This recipe is perfect for those times when you need to put together a quick and easy appetizer. It only takes 10 minutes to assemble, making it a great choice for last-minute get-togethers. The beauty of this recipe is that it’s customizable to your tastes and preferences. You can add your favorite meats, cheeses, fruits, and crackers to make a charcuterie board that’s uniquely yours.
What I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to make. The instructions are straightforward and simple to follow, even for those who are new to making charcuterie boards. Plus, the end result is always impressive and visually appealing. It’s a great way to showcase your favorite foods and impress your guests.
- Assorted cheeses (such as brie, cheddar, gouda, and goat cheese)
- Assorted cured meats (such as salami, prosciutto, and ham)
- Nuts (such as almonds and cashews)
- Dried fruit (such as apricots and figs)
- Fresh fruit (such as grapes and strawberries)
- Crackers and bread
- Olives and pickles
- Honey and jam
- Arrange the cheeses, cured meats, nuts, and dried fruit on a large serving board or platter.
- Fill in the gaps with fresh fruit, crackers, bread, olives, and pickles.
- Drizzle honey over the cheese and serve with mustard and jam on the side.
- Enjoy your delicious and visually stunning charcuterie board!
Thank you for taking the time to check out this list of 10 irresistible cheese appetizers. I hope these recipes have inspired you to try something new and indulge in the delicious world of cheese. Whether you’re planning a fancy party or a casual get-together, these appetizers are sure to impress your guests with their stunning presentation and mouthwatering flavors. So go ahead and get creative with these recipes, mix and match different cheeses and ingredients, and create your own unique cheese appetizers. Cheers to cheese, good company, and unforgettable moments shared over great food!