If you are looking for a delicious cookie that is bursting with sweetness and lemon flavor, then these Keto Lemon Cookies would be an excellent option. They are thick and soft. They are perfectly sweet and tangy as well. They are so awesome!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/2 cup butter
pinch of salt
3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit (or your choice of keto sweetener)
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon almond milk (or your choice of milk)
1/3 cup Lakanto powdered sweetener
lemon zest (finely grated for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, cream of tartar, xanthan gum, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix the butter, sweetener, lemon zest, lemon extract, lemon juice, and eggs in a separate bowl using a mixer.
- Form a dough by slowly mixing the dry ingredients.
- Create balls about 1 to 1 1/4 inches in size from the dough and then slightly flatten them, depending on your desired shape.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Spread the glaze on the cooled cookies, and let the glaze set for about 10 minutes.
- I highly recommend using fresh lemons instead of buying the fake stuff from the stores. You should see a huge difference, especially when it comes to the taste.
- The cream of tartar plays a very important role in this recipe because it helps the cookies rise more. It also gives them a lighter texture, so make sure not to skip this ingredient.