Everyone in your family surely loves pies for dessert, especially if it is lemon buttermilk pie. With this recipe of lemon buttermilk pie, you may look like you are the best pie baker. It is superbly delicious. Undoubtedly, it can be the perfect dessert if you have a small family celebration at home.
This recipe of the well-loved lemon buttermilk pie will ensure give you a happy meal. Everyone will surely enjoy this creamy and luscious dessert with a fresh and vibrant taste. From the crust to the filling, it’s pure magic. Everything seems to melt in your mouth.
Ingredients for the crust:
½ cup of salted butter, softened
2 tbsp. of packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp. of granulated sugar
1 ¼ tbsp. of honey
1 cup and ½ tbsp. of all-purpose flour
¼ cup and 2 tbsp. of whole wheat flour
½ tsp. of salt
¼ tsp. of ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the filling:
1 ½ cups of sugar
3 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
½ cup salted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tsp. of lemon zest
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- In a bowl, cream butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Pour in honey and mix well. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until all are incorporated. The mixture should be crumbly dough.
- Form dough into a ball and flatten using the palm. Roll between 2 sheets of wax paper to a 12- to 13-inch circle. Transfer it carefully to a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press to fit into the bottom and up sides. Flute edges and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line piecrust with foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove weights and foil. Bake 10 minutes more or until set. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Toss in egg and whisk. Slowly add butter while whisking. Continue adding one after the other – the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice while whisking.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 40 -45 minutes or until set with the center still jiggles.
- Remove to cool in a rack. Chill until cold or for 4 hours or overnight.
- Pies are generally easy to make. Any beginner can bake a perfect pie on the first try. It’s mainly about whisking the ingredients together and making the dough. Just make sure that you have all the ingredients with their correct measurements.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
There is no perfect pie without a perfect crust or filling. In this recipe, we make sure that the filling satisfies every taste bud and the best crust a lemon buttermilk pie will ever have.