These lovely Lemon Pudding Cakes come with a luscious lemon pudding beneath the fluffy cake itself. With a super simple cake batter and a few ingredients, you can make this dessert together so easily!
1 c. milk
3 large eggs (separated)
2 tsp. lemon zest
6 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
Fresh berries (for serving, if desired)
Confectioner’s sugar (for serving, if desired)
- Set a rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray six 6 -oz ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, salt, and butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Using the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add about 1/4 of the egg whites into the lemon mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining egg whites, and using a rubber spatula, gently fold into the lemon mixture until smooth.
- Arrange the prepared ramekins on a baking dish (9 X 13-inch). Spoon the batter evenly into the ramekins. Pour water (at room temperature) into the pan. The water should reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the cakes get fluffy and the tops are light golden brown.
- Remove the ramekins from the baking pan using a thong and move them to a rack. Allow them to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar and top with berries before serving.
- For the milk, you can utilize either low-fat or whole.
- The batter should be light, liquidy, and foamy after folding in the egg whites.