Limes are one of the most versatile and flavorful citrus fruits. They can be used in both sweet and savory dishes and their tart and tangy flavor adds a refreshing twist to any dessert. If you’re a fan of lime desserts, then this list of 10 Lime Desserts is perfect for you. From creamy cheesecakes to zesty key lime pies, this list has something for everyone.
I love lime desserts because they are light and refreshing, making them the perfect treat for any time of year. They are also a great way to add a tropical twist to your desserts and transport yourself to a sunny beach no matter where you are. Lime desserts can be enjoyed on their own or paired with other flavors like coconut, raspberry, or chocolate for a delicious and unique taste experience.
Whether you’re a fan of tangy or sweet, creamy or crunchy, this list of 10 Lime Desserts is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Get ready to explore the world of lime desserts and discover new favorites that will have you craving more.
This recipe for lime and coconut tart is the perfect balance of tangy and sweet. As a lover of all things citrus, I find this tart to be the ultimate dessert for any occasion. The filling is made with fresh lime juice, zest, and creamy coconut milk, which creates a refreshing and zesty flavor that’s perfect for summer. The smooth and silky texture of the filling is complemented by the crunchy coconut biscuit crust, which adds a delightful crunch to every bite.
One of the reasons why I love this recipe is its versatility. It’s a great dessert to make for a special occasion or dinner party, but it’s also easy enough to whip up for a quick weeknight treat. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
I also love the fact that this recipe is made with simple ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store. It’s a great way to use up any leftover limes you might have on hand, and it’s perfect for those who love coconut. Overall, this lime and coconut tart is a dessert that’s both delicious and easy to make. It’s perfect for those who love the bright and tangy flavor of lime, and the sweetness of coconut.
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 400ml full-fat coconut milk
- 200ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, plus 3 yolks
- 3 limes, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor and pulse until they form fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and pulse again until combined.
- Press the mixture into the base and up the sides of a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, double cream, caster sugar, eggs and egg yolks until smooth.
- Add the lime zest and juice and whisk again.
- Stir in the cornflour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart case.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the filling is set but with a slight wobble.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before serving.
As a lover of all things sweet and tart, key lime pie has always been one of my favorite desserts. The creamy, tangy filling combined with the crisp graham cracker crust makes for the perfect balance of flavors and textures. This recipe for key lime pie is one of my absolute favorites, as it truly captures the essence of this classic dessert.
What sets this recipe apart is its simplicity. With just a handful of ingredients, including fresh lime juice and sweetened condensed milk, this pie comes together quickly and easily. The graham cracker crust is also a breeze to make, providing the perfect base for the rich and tangy filling.
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s easily customizable to suit your taste preferences. You can add a touch more lime juice for a more tart filling or a bit more sweetened condensed milk for a creamier texture. Plus, it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, from a casual summer barbecue to a fancy dinner party.
Overall, this key lime pie recipe is a must-try for any dessert lover. Its creamy, tangy goodness is sure to please and will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds!).
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup key lime juice
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure it’s evenly distributed on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until pale and creamy.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and continue to beat until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the key lime juice and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream.
Key lime cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, and this recipe for easy key lime cheesecake is absolutely amazing. The combination of tangy key lime flavor with rich and creamy cheesecake is simply divine. This dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a summer BBQ, a dinner party or just a special treat for yourself.
What I love about this recipe is how simple it is to make. The cheesecake filling is made with just a few ingredients and comes together in minutes. The crust is made from crushed graham crackers, making it a quick and easy addition to the recipe.
The creamy, tangy filling is so delicious, and the addition of whipped cream and lime zest on top gives it the perfect finishing touch. I also love that this recipe can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. Overall, this easy key lime cheesecake recipe is a winner in my book. It’s a perfect dessert for any occasion and is sure to impress your guests.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- whipped cream and lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the key lime juice and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set and the edges are lightly golden.
- Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled, topped with whipped cream and lime slices if desired.
Margarita cupcakes with lime curd filling are one of my all-time favorite dessert recipes. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors from the lime curd and the tequila frosting make these cupcakes an absolute hit. These cupcakes are perfect for parties, especially during the summer season when everyone is looking for a refreshing treat.
The cupcakes themselves are moist and fluffy, and the lime curd filling adds a burst of tangy flavor that is complemented perfectly by the tequila frosting. What I love most about this recipe is that it is not too sweet, making it the perfect dessert for those who don’t have a sweet tooth.
The lime curd filling is what really sets these cupcakes apart. It is made with fresh lime juice, which gives it a tart, zesty flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the cupcakes. The tequila frosting is also a delicious addition, adding a subtle kick to the cupcakes that is sure to please adults. Overall, these Margarita cupcakes with lime curd filling are a must-try for anyone who loves a tangy, refreshing dessert. They are easy to make and are sure to impress anyone who tries them.
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp tequila
For the lime curd filling:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp tequila
- Lime zest, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, lime juice, and tequila. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before filling and frosting.
For the lime curd filling:
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the water until smooth.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and lime juice.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter until melted and smooth.
- Transfer the curd to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
For the frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing until well combined.
- Mix in the lime juice and tequila.
- If the frosting is too thick, add a little more lime juice or tequila as needed to reach the desired consistency.
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Use a small spoon or a cupcake corer to remove the center of each cupcake.
- Fill each cupcake with a spoonful of the lime curd filling.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto each cupcake.
- Garnish with lime zest.
Lime posset with fresh raspberries is a dessert that I absolutely adore. This creamy, tangy dessert is the perfect balance between sweet and sour, with a silky smooth texture that melts in your mouth. It’s an easy dessert to make, with just three ingredients that come together in no time. The simplicity of the recipe is one of the reasons why I love it so much.
The addition of fresh raspberries takes this dessert to the next level. The tartness of the raspberries complements the sweet and tangy lime flavor of the posset, and the bright pop of color adds an element of beauty to the dish. Plus, the combination of the creamy posset and the juicy raspberries creates an explosion of flavors and textures that is simply divine.
This lime posset with fresh raspberries is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re entertaining guests or simply want to treat yourself to a special dessert. It’s a refreshing and light dessert that’s ideal for hot summer days, but it’s also cozy enough to enjoy during colder seasons. Once you try this recipe, you’ll want to make it again and again.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- In a large saucepan, heat the heavy cream and sugar over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into 4-6 serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Serve with fresh raspberries on top.
I absolutely love this Lime Posset with Fresh Ra
This 6-Ingredient Classic Key Lime Pie recipe from Spoonful of Flavor is a dessert that I absolutely love. The combination of sweet and tart flavors in every bite is simply irresistible. The graham cracker crust adds a satisfying crunch that complements the creamy filling perfectly.
One of the reasons why I adore this recipe is that it’s incredibly easy to make. With only six ingredients, it’s a no-fuss dessert that I can whip up quickly for any occasion. I also appreciate that the recipe uses fresh key lime juice, giving the pie an authentic and fresh taste.
Another aspect that I love about this recipe is that it can be easily customized to suit individual preferences. For instance, if I want a more tangy filling, I simply add more key lime juice. I also like to garnish my key lime pie with freshly whipped cream and lime zest for an extra pop of flavor and visual appeal. Overall, this 6-Ingredient Classic Key Lime Pie is a delightful dessert that never fails to impress. Whether I’m serving it at a dinner party or just indulging in a slice for myself, this recipe is a surefire way to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
When it comes to desserts, I’m always on the lookout for simple and easy recipes that don’t require a lot of ingredients or time in the kitchen. That’s why I absolutely love this recipe for 3-ingredient lemon truffles from One Sweet Appetite. These truffles are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without being too heavy or rich.
The recipe calls for just three ingredients: white chocolate chips, lemon curd, and graham cracker crumbs. The combination of the sweet white chocolate and tangy lemon curd creates a perfectly balanced flavor, while the graham cracker crumbs give the truffles a nice texture and crunch.
What I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to customize to your own taste. You could easily swap out the lemon curd for other fruit curds like raspberry or orange, or even experiment with different types of chocolate. Plus, they’re so quick to make that you can have a batch ready in no time for a party or potluck. Trust me, these lemon truffles are sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them!
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Additional lemon zest or sanding sugar for garnish (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, heat the white chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the mixture and repeat microwaving for an additional 15 seconds until fully melted and smooth.
- Mix in the lemon zest and let the mixture cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the mixture is firm enough to be rolled into balls.
- Once chilled, scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your hands.
- Coat the truffles with additional lemon zest or sanding sugar for a garnish (optional).
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Key lime pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts, so when I discovered this recipe for key lime pie ice cream, I knew I had to try it. This ice cream is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet, with the classic flavors of key lime pie in every scoop.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make, with just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time. All you need is sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, key lime juice, and graham crackers to create the base, and then it’s as simple as mixing and freezing.
The addition of graham crackers gives the ice cream that classic key lime pie flavor and texture, while the creamy ice cream itself is the perfect way to cool off on a hot day. I also love how customizable this recipe is – you can adjust the amount of key lime juice to your preference and even add in some whipped cream for an extra decadent treat. Overall, this key lime pie ice cream is a must-try for any key lime pie lover, and is sure to become a staple in your dessert repertoire.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Graham cracker crust, crumbled (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and lime zest until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk mixture until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crumbled graham cracker crust, if desired.
As someone who loves citrusy desserts, I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try. This easy lime cake recipe from Love From The Oven quickly became one of my favorites because of its simplicity and deliciousness.
Firstly, the recipe requires only a few basic ingredients and takes minimal effort to make. With just a few simple steps, I can whip up a beautiful lime cake that looks and tastes like it was made by a professional baker.
Secondly, the tangy lime flavor in this cake is perfectly balanced with just the right amount of sweetness, making it a refreshing treat that is perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a hot summer day or a cozy winter evening, this cake always hits the spot. Lastly, this cake is incredibly versatile and can be served in a variety of ways. I love to top it with whipped cream and garnish with fresh lime slices for an elegant presentation or serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a more casual dessert. Overall, this easy lime cake recipe is a must-try for any lime lover looking for a simple yet delicious dessert option.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 box of lime Jello gelatin
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, lime Jello, vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the lime glaze. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice and powdered sugar until well combined.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using a toothpick, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the lime glaze over the cake, making sure to get it into all of the holes.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving.
Lime and Ginger Syrup Cake is one of my all-time favorite cake recipes, and I can’t help but share why I adore this dessert so much. This cake is a perfect combination of tangy lime and spicy ginger, which gives it a unique and delightful flavor. Every bite is full of zesty citrus and warming ginger, and the sweet syrup adds a wonderful depth of flavor.
I love how easy it is to make this cake, too. The recipe doesn’t require too many ingredients, and it’s a breeze to put together. Even though the recipe calls for fresh lime juice and zest, it still tastes fantastic with bottled lime juice and store-bought ginger. This cake is moist and tender, and the addition of syrup makes it even more delectable.
Lime and Ginger Syrup Cake is a fantastic dessert for any occasion, and it’s perfect to share with family and friends. It’s a crowd-pleaser, and everyone who has tried this cake always asks for the recipe. It’s definitely a cake that stands out among other desserts, and it’s one that I will continue to make for years to come.
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 limes, zest only
- 2-3 pieces of stem ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp syrup from the stem ginger jar
- 100g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, adding a spoonful of flour with each egg to prevent curdling.
- Sift in the remaining flour and baking powder and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Add the lime zest and chopped stem ginger to the batter and fold in.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- While the cake is still hot, pierce the surface all over with a skewer and pour over the ginger syrup.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin before removing it.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a small bowl and add enough lime juice to make a thick, pourable icing. Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake.
Thank you for taking the time to explore these 10 Lime Dessert recipes with me. From tangy key lime pies to refreshing lime sorbets, there’s something for everyone on this list. Whether you’re looking for a classic lime dessert or a unique twist on a classic recipe, these recipes are sure to impress.
Lime is such a versatile ingredient and can add a bright and refreshing flavor to any dessert. These recipes showcase the many ways you can incorporate lime into your sweet treats, and I hope they inspire you to try something new in your own kitchen.
I encourage you to give these recipes a try and let your taste buds be the judge. Don’t be afraid to get creative and add your own personal touch to make them truly your own. Thank you again for joining me on this lime dessert journey, and I hope you enjoy making and savoring these delicious treats.