I know it’s too early to talk about St. Patrick’s Day, but it won’t hurt either to think of the perfect treat that you can set out for your guests that day as early as now.
Let’s start with the color. Of course, it has to be green. Second, it has to be delicious enough to satisfy your family, friends, and other guests.
How does an Avocado Mug Cake sound? Have you ever had one before? Some of you might be like “What? Cake again? Oh, the sugar!” Well, the good news is that you can definitely pull a LOW-SUGAR Avocado Mug Cake together in just a matter of minutes. So regardless of the number of your guests, you should not have any problem setting out this delightful dessert for everybody.
This recipe requires freshly mashed avocados. With this, you can enjoy all the nutrients that this type of fruit has, not to mention the healthy fats. In fact, that is the number one health benefits that you can get from eating avocados. Plus, they are really delicious, too. They are a good source of vitamin C and they also contain fiber, making them a perfect addition to your diet if you are aiming to lose weight.Print
Be it for St. Patrick’s Day gathering, other occasions, or even a regular day, this Low-Sugar Avocado Mug Cake is certainly a winner. Made with naturally green and healthy avocados, it is something that everybody would love! It can be put together in just a few minutes, too!
2 tablespoons avocado (fully mashed)
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 tablespoons of natural sweetener or sugar substitute
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Put all the ingredients in a large microwave-safe mug. If you want your cake to rise to the brim, use an 8-oz mug.
- Mix the ingredients well until they form a smooth batter. Use a small whisk.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Top with your choice of topping before serving. (Optional)
- Do not utilize a mug smaller than 8-oz. Otherwise, the cake will overflow.
- Take note that the cooking time in the microwave may vary depending on its wattage. For a 1000-watt microwave, it will take approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: approximately 1 minute 20 seconds
You have to keep in mind that 2 tablespoons of COMPLETELY MASHED avocados are not the same as scooping out 2 tablespoons of avocado. You should scoop out your avocado first, completely mash it, and then measure 2 tablespoons. I highly recommend that you use very ripe avocados so it would be much easier to mash them. Make sure that there are no chunks left. Otherwise, you can expect your cake to have bits of avocado.
This low-sugar avocado mug cake is best eaten just a few minutes after making it. You can also make it ahead of time but be sure to serve or eat it within a few hours.
Lastly, you have the option to top your avocado mug cake with chocolate syrup, yogurt, butter, streusel, or even whipped cream.