These super cute mini apple tarts have all the flavors that you can expect from a traditional apple pie. The difference? They got less calories. They are warm, sweet, and delicious, perfect for any occasion!
6 tart shells (thawed)
1 c. apple pie filling
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
optional: whipped topping or ice cream
- Arrange the tart shells in the bowl of your Ninja Foodi and air crisp them for about 7 minutes (on 400 degrees Fahrenheit). Once they are baked through, remove from the ‘foodi’ and let cool.
- Meanwhile, check and see if the apple slices in the filling are too long. If so, cut them down into smaller pieces.
- Add the spices to the filling and mix well.
- Spoon the filling into each of the cooled tart shells and place them onto the trivet rack of the cooking equipment. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired.
- Air crisp the tarts again until the filling is caramelized, but just the top. Wait until they turn golden brown.
- Let them cool a little bit.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
When ‘baking’ the tart shells, you have to keep an eye on them because they get brown fast. Once they start getting some color, remove them, and set aside.