Mini Hazelnut Chocolate Cake
Have you ever had Hazelnut Chocolate Cake before? Glorious isn’t it? If you are looking for something impressive to serve to your guests at your birthday party or family reunion, this type of cake is sure to impress. The combination of chocolate and hazelnut is simply irresistible.
So whether you are looking forward to a huge celebration or just a small family gathering, this delicious cake is an excellent option. But instead of making the regular size, opt for the mini version. They are so cute!
If there is a contest, I can guarantee you that this recipe is a sure winner. Starting with a perfectly rich and fluffy chocolate cake, it is then finished with a flavorful whipped hazelnut spread frosting. Plus, you have the freedom to top your mini cakes with some nuts and more chocolate. And there goes your winner dessert! 🙂
These mini chocolate hazelnut cakes are a crowd-pleaser. They are an instant hit. Starting with rich chocolate flavor and finished with the irresistible touch of hazelnut, you would have super cute and delicious mini cakes.
100 grams dark eating chocolate (chopped)
3/4 c. water
100 grams butter (softened)
1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cocoa powder
3/4 c. self-rising flour
1/3 c. ground hazelnuts
1/3 c. thickened cream
180 grams milk eating chocolate (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease 1 dozen oval friand pans.
- Start making the whipped hazelnut ganache by combining the cream and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Add the liqueur and then transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Cover and set aside for about 2 hours or until just firm. Beat ganache in a small bowl using an electric mixer until its color changes to pale brown.
- Place chocolate and water in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time. At this stage, the mixture might curdle but it should come together later, so there is nothing to worry about.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Stir in warm chocolate mixture, sifted cocoa and flour, and nuts.
- Divide mixture into pan holes.
- Bake cakes for about 20 minutes.
- Let the mini cakes stand in the pan for about 5 minutes before turning them (top-side up). Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread ganache over cakes.
- To make your mini hazelnut chocolate cakes more presentable, top them with nuts and some more chocolate.
If you are looking for something extra special, then these mini hazelnut chocolate cakes are the answer. They are rich, chocolatey, fluffy, gorgeous, and delicious! These little cakes have it all! Once you make this recipe and taste the gorgeous cakes, I am sure you will have a new favorite dessert. Adults and kids will surely love them, so make sure to make a huge batch.