Molten Chocolate Cakes may have numerous versions, but this recipe is guaranteed to be one of the best. Supremely rich, chocolatey, and the center is simply irresistible!
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1, 4-oz unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter and flour 4 ramekins (6-oz each). Get rid of the excess flour and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Put a double boiler over simmering water and melt the butter and chocolate.
- Beat the eggs and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Add sugar and salt and beat at high speed until thickened.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth and fold it into the egg mixture with the flour. Spoon the batter into the ramekins.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the sides are firm but the centers are still soft. Let them cool for a minute. Put a dessert plate over each ramekin and slowly turn each one over. Let stand for a few seconds before unmolding.
- Serve immediately.
For make-ahead, you can put the batter in the fridge for a few hours before baking.