Whether you are looking for a simple dessert or just another recipe to try at this weekend’s party, No-bake caramel cake is a delicious and super easy option. I love no-bake cakes because they are very convenient and easy to make. The only time you require is of setting time.
This no-bake cake comprises two main components, i.e., the crust and the fluffy filling. To enhance its taste and texture, I use shortbread cookies. It adds richness and buttery flavor to the cake.
Furthermore, the filling is also very easy to make and takes only 7 minutes. Simply beat the ingredients one at a time in the electric mixer until you get a fluffy and smooth texture.
It is the caramel sauce that is the highlight of this cake. It gives hidden and rich flavors to the cake. I use it in the crust, as well as in the filling. The sweetness of the caramel, along with the other ingredients, is a perfect match.Print
No-bake caramel cake is an exceptionally delicious and refreshing dessert idea. It is super easy to make. Indulge in the silky and smooth texture of this decadent no-bake cake any time of the year.
For the crust:
2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
For the caramel filling:
2 cups cream cheese
½ cup caramel
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a plastic zipper bag, place shortbread cookies and pound until they are crushed. You can also crush them in a food processor.
- Add sugar, butter, and process until everything is mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch pan and press until it forms a smooth surface.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add cream cheese, vanilla extracts, and caramel topping and beat on medium speed until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour in heavy cream and continue to blend at high speed for 2 minutes until the mixture gets fluffy.
- Pour in this mixture over the burst base and level using a spoon.
- Place the baking tray in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until it is set.
Once the cake is set, cut it into slices and top them up with either whipped cream or drizzle with caramel syrup.
You can store the leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Here a few tips that will ensure your result is finger-licking delicious.
• While using shortbread cookies, make sure they are fresh, buttery, and flavorsome.
• Don’t process the cookies into dust. In fact, keep them a bit coarse.
• To ensure the filling has a smooth texture, use all the ingredients at room temperature.
• You can either use a store-bought caramel sauce or prepare your own at home.
• Don6t overwhip the cream, or it will split.