No-bake caramel cake is an exceptionally delicious and refreshing dessert idea. It is super easy to make. Indulge in the silky and smooth texture of this decadent no-bake cake any time of the year.
For the crust:
2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
For the caramel filling:
2 cups cream cheese
½ cup caramel
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a plastic zipper bag, place shortbread cookies and pound until they are crushed. You can also crush them in a food processor.
- Add sugar, butter, and process until everything is mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch pan and press until it forms a smooth surface.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add cream cheese, vanilla extracts, and caramel topping and beat on medium speed until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour in heavy cream and continue to blend at high speed for 2 minutes until the mixture gets fluffy.
- Pour in this mixture over the burst base and level using a spoon.
- Place the baking tray in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until it is set.
Once the cake is set, cut it into slices and top them up with either whipped cream or drizzle with caramel syrup.
You can store the leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.