This recipe will give you more reasons to love homemade chocolate ice cream. It’s creamy, chocolatey, and easy. No ice cream maker required!
1/2 c. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 1/2 c. whole milk
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. sugar (granulated)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa powder, milk, and sugar in a medium bowl. Mix well and make sure that the cocoa powder is completely dissolved.
- Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl and wait until the stiff peaks form. Combine with the cocoa mixture along with vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about half an hour.
- Stir the ice cream one more time and transfer to the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
Refrigerating the mixture for 30 minutes will keep it cold, making it much easier to freeze. The texture will also be improved and the cocoa powder will be fully hydrated by the cream and milk.