Peach Clafoutis is a wonderful dessert. It is quite simple, but you will certainly fall in love with it. Made with fresh peaches and a few basic ingredients, you will have something that you can proudly serve to your friends and family.
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 c. granulated sugar
4 large eggs (at room temperature, lightly beaten)
1 c. milk (at room temperature)
1 c. heavy cream (at room temperature)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (add more for greasing)
3 medium peaches (peeled and sliced into wedges)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease a baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour with salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, heavy cream, and vanilla until smooth and well incorporated.
- In the center of your flour mixture, make a well. Gradually add the egg mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time. Stir using your hand and mix well after each addition. Continue doing this until you have added all the egg mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of melted butter and stir.
- Arrange the peach wedges on the prepared baking dish, forming a single layer.
- Pour the batter over the peaches.
- Bake for about 60 to 75 minutes or until your clafoutis is set.
- The clafoutis should be golden brown on top, but still a little bit wobbly. Try inserting a knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, then the clafoutis is done.