Pear and Ginger Cake With Honey-Lemon Frosting
Pear and ginger? I know many of you are wondering now how this combo tastes like. Ginger is a great spice, but we rarely see it as one of the ingredients in a dessert recipe. Surprisingly, ginger and pear actually make a good combination – a very good one! You add honey to it, and you will have an excellent treat – Pear and Ginger Cake with Honey-Lemon Frosting!
This cake is awesome. Why? It is porous and airy. Its color is also gorgeous. It is juicy, not to mention the amazing and interesting combination of pear, ginger, and vanilla. What about the honey-lemon frosting! Oh, you will definitely love this dessert! The combination of all the ingredients is truly magical.
As delicious as this cake is, it is going to be your pride during special occasions. You can also serve it to your family members just because. Really, you don’t have to wait for a holiday to come before you serve a delicious treat to your loved ones.
The flavors of pear and ginger make a great combination. This cake is full of surprises not only with its looks but, most importantly, its taste. It is something that you can be truly proud of!
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. ground ginger
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
1/3 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. fresh pears (coarsely grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour 2 round cake pans (9-inch).
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and ground ginger. Stir well.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture, and then add oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Add grated pears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread about 1 cup of honey-lemon frosting between layers and use the remaining on top and sides of the cake.
- To check if the cake is done, insert a wooden pick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
How to Make Honey-Lemon Frosting
To make about 3 1/3 cups of this delicious frosting, you need 2 packages of cream cheese (8 ounces each, softened), 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened), 2 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsp. grated lemon grind, 2 c. powdered sugar, and 2 tbsp. honey.
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and lemon grind at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed and gradually add sugar. Beat until just blended. Beat at high speed until smooth and then add honey. Beat until just blended.
Do you want your cake to look prettier? You can actually top it with whole pears. You can also make use of salted caramel instead of honey-lemon frosting.