Pear Frangipane Tart
Fancy-looking isn’t it? But guess what? This special tart is easier to make than you think. It is one of the most popular desserts during fall, but you can definitely make it anytime, especially when pears are abundant.
This recipe includes a homemade sweet tart crust. But the thrill doesn’t end there because this tart also comes with a creamy and delicious almond cream filling topped with seasonal pears. If you are looking for something to pair your tea with or perhaps an after-dinner dessert, this would be a great option.
So how do you make the best Pear Frangipane Tart? Well, you start with poached pears, followed by the crust and then the filling. You can then assemble the tart and then bake for a few minutes. You will then have something really delicious to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you want to enjoy a classic French pastry, this Pear Frangipane Tart is the answer. It is filled with delicious almond cream and then topped with poached pears. It is a delicious combination that you can enjoy any time of the year, more so when pears are in season.
3 pears (peeled, halved, and cored)
2 c. water
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 1/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. cold unsalted butter (cubed)
1 large egg
1 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
7 ounces almond paste (chopped)
1/4 c. unsalted butter (softened)
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour unbleached
1 large egg
1/2 c. slivered almonds
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice or water
- Combine all the ingredients for the poached pears in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 10 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until the butter is the size of peas.
- Add the egg, water, and vanilla and pulse again until the dough just begins to form.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and form a rectangle using your hands.
- Roll out the dough into a 1/8-inch rectangle on a floured work surface.
- Line a rectangular pie plate (13.5 X 4-inch) with a removable bottom. Prick the bottom of the tart using a fork and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the crust for about 15 minutes.
- Combine the almond paste, butter, and flour in a food processor. Add the egg and process until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Spread the filling into the hot crust. Cover with five pear halves (cut side down), alternating the direction of the pears.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds mixture over the pie.
- Reduce the oven’s temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking the tart for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- The amount of time to simmer the pears depends on their ripeness.
You can serve Pear Frangipane Tart warm or cold. Either way, it is going to be so good! 🙂