I know many of us love pecan pie, especially one that is sweet, chewy, and rich. This dessert is usually served during Thanksgiving and special occasions. But you know what? You actually don’t have to wait for a holiday to come before you can treat yourself and your family as well as friends with a delicious treat.
If you are just like me who always have those emergency cravings, I am sure you will love these Pecan Pie Muffins. You can have them for a snack, dessert, or even for breakfast paired with your morning coffee.
It is always nice to have nuts like walnuts, almonds, and pecans stored in your pantry. You can eat them on their own or you can also use them as an ingredient for your favorite dessert. Now, if you have some pecans on hand, then go right ahead and make this pecan pie-ish treat. It is super easy to put together, too.Print
These muffins are made with brown sugar, vanilla, and pecans. The combination of these ingredients makes this dessert taste like a real pecan pie. It is versatile too because you can have it for a snack, dessert, or breakfast.
1 c. pecans (chopped)
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a mixer, combine softened butter with brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir together the whole wheat flour, chopped nuts, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill each muffin liner half full.
- Top each with a single pecan half or more chopped nuts.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe will yield 12 regular size muffins. Use a 1/4 measuring cup when filling the muffin liner, but do not fill the measuring cup all the way to the top.
- Your muffins will come out easier if you use muffin liners. However, if you want your muffins to have a crispy exterior just like a real pecan pie, I highly recommend that you generously grease the muffin tins.
- You can also coat the greased muffin tins with white sugar before pouring in the batter.
These delicious Pecan Pie Muffins are an excellent dessert. You can also have them for a snack or on the side of your morning coffee or tea. In fact, they also make a great present, especially during the Christmas season.
This treat is something that you can easily pull together. No need to spend several hours trying to come up with a dessert. The steps are super easy to follow as well, plus the ingredients are basic unlike other complicated dessert recipes out there.