These muffins are made with brown sugar, vanilla, and pecans. The combination of these ingredients makes this dessert taste like a real pecan pie. It is versatile too because you can have it for a snack, dessert, or breakfast.
1 c. pecans (chopped)
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a mixer, combine softened butter with brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir together the whole wheat flour, chopped nuts, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill each muffin liner half full.
- Top each with a single pecan half or more chopped nuts.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe will yield 12 regular size muffins. Use a 1/4 measuring cup when filling the muffin liner, but do not fill the measuring cup all the way to the top.
- Your muffins will come out easier if you use muffin liners. However, if you want your muffins to have a crispy exterior just like a real pecan pie, I highly recommend that you generously grease the muffin tins.
- You can also coat the greased muffin tins with white sugar before pouring in the batter.