Pineapple comes with a plethora of impressive health benefits. Eating a few slices a day can help combat the development of various diseases.
It can also help improve your digestive health, cleanse your body’s organs and blood, boost your metabolism and keep your skin, hair, nails, and teeth in tip-top shape. We can go on and on with the list of health benefits that you will get to enjoy from eating this amazing fruit.
Yes, fresh pineapple is good. But that does not mean that you should eat this fruit the same way over and over. You can be creative with it. The good thing is that there are so many recipes out there, particularly desserts, that you can make involving pineapple. You know what would be good? Pineapple Tarts!
If you look it up online, you will be surprised to see the different pineapple tart recipes. They do have the ‘Nyonya’, golf ball, open face, flower blossom, pineapple-shaped, ‘piggy’, and salted egg yolk pineapple tarts, just to mention a few. But this one that we are featuring today is much simpler.
It is made with pineapple rings that sit on top of puff pastry. With caramelized sugar, the flavor of pineapple in this dessert is just irresistible!
With these Pineapple Tarts, you can savor the natural flavor of pineapple, enhanced with caramelized sugar. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with caramel, and sprinkle with some toasted almonds, and you are all set!
2 sheets puff pastry
1 can pineapple rings (drained)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp. agave syrup
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1-pint vanilla ice cream (for serving)
1/4 c. caramel sauce (for serving)
1/4 c. sliced almonds (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set aside 4 pineapple rings and then put the remaining in a food processor. Add ginger, salt, and agave. Process until well combined and smooth.
- Create 4 equal squares from each sheet of puff pastry. Arrange each square on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pineapple mixture on the center of each.
- Brush the edges of each puff pastry with egg wash, and then top each with the second square of pastry. Seal by pressing the sides.
- Brush the top with egg wash and top with a pineapple ring. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized.
- To make your Pineapple Tarts more delicious and savory, serve them with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce as well as sprinkle with some toasted almonds.
This Pineapple Tart dessert recipe is something that you should try very soon. I’m sure your family members would love every bite of it. You can serve it as a dessert after you eat your lunch or dinner meal. It would also be good to have with your afternoon tea or coffee. It is, indeed, another great way to enjoy pineapple!