With these Pineapple Tarts, you can savor the natural flavor of pineapple, enhanced with caramelized sugar. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with caramel, and sprinkle with some toasted almonds, and you are all set!
2 sheets puff pastry
1 can pineapple rings (drained)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp. agave syrup
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1-pint vanilla ice cream (for serving)
1/4 c. caramel sauce (for serving)
1/4 c. sliced almonds (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set aside 4 pineapple rings and then put the remaining in a food processor. Add ginger, salt, and agave. Process until well combined and smooth.
- Create 4 equal squares from each sheet of puff pastry. Arrange each square on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pineapple mixture on the center of each.
- Brush the edges of each puff pastry with egg wash, and then top each with the second square of pastry. Seal by pressing the sides.
- Brush the top with egg wash and top with a pineapple ring. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized.
- To make your Pineapple Tarts more delicious and savory, serve them with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce as well as sprinkle with some toasted almonds.