This Polish Royal Cheesecake has a chocolate base and is filled with twarog or quark. You can bake it in a round or square springform pan.
200 grams plain flour
100 grams butter (softened)
100 grams icing sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp butter (softened)
3 eggs (separated)
6 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp potato starch
500 grams twarog or quark
- Combine flour, butter, icing sugar, baking powder, cocoa, and egg in a bowl, and mix until evenly combined. Divide into two equal parts.
- Butter the bottom of a round baking tin (around 22 cm) and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Pour in one part of the mixture. Make sure that you press it evenly to the bottom.
- Wrap the other part in plastic and place it in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the filling, beat egg yolks, butter, icing sugar, and vanilla sugar. Mix well and make sure that the sugar is fully dissolved. Gradually add the twarog or quark while mixing. Add the potato starch at the end and stir well.
- Beat egg whites and fold into the mixture, and then tip into the baking tin.
- Shred small pieces of the refrigerated dough and sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake for about an hour.
- If you want to make the recipe in a square springform pan, use one about 23X35 cm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour