This Pumpkin Bar recipe is perfect for fall. They are light, airy, moist, and tender, making them an excellent dessert especially if you are entertaining a crowd. You can serve them as is or you can also add icing or serve them with ice cream on the side.
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
4 large eggs (at room temperature)
2/3 c. cane sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 can (15-oz) pumpkin puree
1 c. applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, applesauce, and pumpkin.
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a pan (9X13, ungreased). Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- You are free to substitute the all-purpose flour with wheat flour, but the texture won’t be as moist.
- If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour. But then again, you can’t expect the texture to be that moist.
- You can use coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
- You can also utilize homemade pumpkin puree.