Have you had plums before? This type of fruit belongs to the same family as peaches, apricots, and nectarines, but plums are more diverse. They can be large or small. They also come in various skin colors like purple, green, red, yellow, and orange. When it comes to the flesh, some are pink, while others are orange or yellow. But whatever the color is, plum is very healthy just like its cousins.
Eating plums can help reduce the risks of heart disease. They are also rich in antioxidants which are essential in the prevention of cell damages. They play a vital role in maintaining bone health and in the reduction of blood sugar levels too.
This delicious and juicy fruit is available in many places in the world. The truth is, more than 2000 varieties grow across the globe.
Aside from the health benefits that plums may offer, their subtle sweetness also makes them a delicious ingredient to salads as well as desserts. You can make pies or tarts out of them.
Craving for tarts? Try this Red Plum Tart recipe. Oh my, you’ll never forget it!Print
This Red Plum Tart comes with a flakey pastry, sweet vanilla glaze, and, of course, it is loaded with luscious red plums. This right here is a treat that is simply good.
What’s more? You only need 4 ingredients!
1 package (17.25 oz.) of puff pastry (thawed)
3 to 4 fresh red plums
1/3 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean (cut in half)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the thawed puff pastry on a floured surface. Make sure you roll it out big enough to fit the tart pan.
- Place the pastry into the pan and then trim the edges.
- Place the sugar in a bowl. Split the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the sugar, and mix well.
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar into the bottom of the tart.
- Slice the plums thinly. Arrange them cut side down in such a way that they overlap.
- Sprinkle the rest of the vanilla sugar mixture over the sliced plums.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the plums are baked through.
- Let cool.
- As much as possible, serve the tart warm or at room temperature.
Plums are so beautiful inside out. They are delicious as well, and I really love their sweet and tart flavor. Personally, I prefer red plums. I think they are the best when it comes to baking.
Although plums are delicious on their own, you can actually enhance their flavor by baking them. The juices will be caramelized, and this right here makes them gloriously delicious. Oh, I so love them!
Looking at this recipe, there are only 4 ingredients required, plus the steps are so easy to follow. If you want to make this dessert taste better, serve it with vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Topping it with whipped cream would be good as well. And, of course, don’t forget your cup of coffee or tea. 🙂