This Red Plum Tart comes with a flakey pastry, sweet vanilla glaze, and, of course, it is loaded with luscious red plums. This right here is a treat that is simply good.
What’s more? You only need 4 ingredients!
1 package (17.25 oz.) of puff pastry (thawed)
3 to 4 fresh red plums
1/3 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean (cut in half)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the thawed puff pastry on a floured surface. Make sure you roll it out big enough to fit the tart pan.
- Place the pastry into the pan and then trim the edges.
- Place the sugar in a bowl. Split the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the sugar, and mix well.
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar into the bottom of the tart.
- Slice the plums thinly. Arrange them cut side down in such a way that they overlap.
- Sprinkle the rest of the vanilla sugar mixture over the sliced plums.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the plums are baked through.
- Let cool.
- As much as possible, serve the tart warm or at room temperature.