Ricotta Mini Cheesecake With Raspberries
Many of us hesitate to try making desserts because we think that they require fancy equipment. The truth is, that is not always the case. There are lots of delicious dessert recipes that can be put together without having to use complicated and expensive equipment.
Just take a look at this ricotta mini cheesecake with raspberries recipe. It looks like these mini cakes belong to an Italian pastry shop, but they are super easy to make. All you need is a few basic ingredients. No need for those hard-to-use machines or anything like that.
These mini cheesecakes are the perfect sweet treat that you can share with your friends and family members. All it takes is to stir the batter together.
It is always nice to make the regular-sized ricotta cheesecake, but it is nicer if you can give each of your guests their very own cake. These ricotta mini cheesecakes are an excellent treat whatever the occasion is. They also come with fresh raspberries, giving them more flavor.
16 oz. full-fat ricotta cheese
3 large eggs
1 egg white
1/3 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. freshly grated orange rind
1 tsp. freshly grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
10 mini graham cracker crusts
About 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (add more if you wish to)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add ricotta cheese, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, orange rind, lemon rind, cinnamon, and about 1 cup of raspberries to a blender. Set aside the remaining raspberries for topping later on.
- Using the egg white, brush the rim of each crust. This step is important as it will help keep the edges of the crusts intact while baking.
- Divide the batter among the crusts. Fill each crust just about full.
- Bake the mini ricotta cheesecakes for about 34 to 36 minutes. The centers should be slightly glossy and firm.
- Remove the mini cakes from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Top each mini cake with fresh raspberries before serving.
- It requires about 1/2 of a medium orange to have 1 tablespoon of orange rind.
- It requires about 1/2 of a medium lemon to have 1 teaspoon of lemon rind.
- If you are not serving your ricotta mini cheesecakes immediately, cover them with plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. They should last up to 2 days. Only top them with fresh raspberries just before serving.
- When grating the citrus peel, try as much as possible to avoid the white part as it is bitter.
- It is highly recommended that you make this dessert at least 2 hours before you serve them so you will have enough time. That will also give you more than enough time to allow them to cool fully.
- The raspberries add more flavor. You can also replace them with blueberries or strawberries if you want.
- The same batter can be used to make a 9-inch ricotta cheesecake. The baking time is about an hour.