Syrniki are simple but they have a very delicious taste. They are slightly sweet, super-soft, and cheesy. Aside from breakfast, you can serve them for dessert. You can make them more delightful by adding your favorite topping, be it fresh fruits, fruit preserves, or any other sweet sauces.
1 lb. farmer’s cheese
2 large eggs
1/2 and 1/3 c. all-purpose flour (divided use)
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
Vegetable oil (for frying)
1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- Crumble the farmer’s cheese into little pieces, using a fork, in a small
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well and break apart any clumps of flour or farmer’s cheese using the fork.
- Add the raisins (if using).
- Put the 1/3 cup of flour in a small bowl. You will use this to dredge the pancakes.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of ‘batter’ at a time. Using your hands, flatten the dough into a small patty.
- Dredge the pancake with flour on both sides. Shake off the extra flour. Set aside.
- Heat about 3 to 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Using a spatula, place the flour-dredged pancakes into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes on medium-low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place on a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil and to cool.
- Add your choice of topping before serving.
- The batter won’t be like traditional pancake batter. It will be thick like dough.
- Do not crowd the pancakes when cooking. Cook in batches.