Sizzling Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate…..AGAIN! Well, I really can’t help it. 🙂 I am pretty sure that most of you would agree that chocolate is so good that we feel like we are lost in a world of mouthwatering ecstasy. From cakes to candies and smoothies, there are just too many options when it comes to chocolate treats, a lot more reason for us chocolate lovers to rejoice. 🙂
Our dessert recipe for today is something that we are very much familiar with, but there is a twist to it. It’s sizzling! Yes, that’s right. Imagine rich chocolate brownies topped with vanilla ice cream and served with more chocolate sauce on a sizzler plate. Now, that right there is something that would attract the attention of everybody at the dinner table.
While you can actually utilize store-bought brownies for this recipe, we have decided to include making them from scratch. It’s super simple anyway. For me, there’s nothing better than homemade stuff. Why? Because you can add healthier ingredients, plus you can easily omit something if you wish to. The chocolate sauce is homemade, too. The only thing that you would have to buy ready to serve is the vanilla ice cream.
This dessert consists of homemade brownies, homemade chocolate sauce, and vanilla ice cream served on a hot sizzler plate. The aroma and the fizzling sound would definitely make you want this treat even more.
For the brownies:
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup dark chocolate
1 cup of sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
For the chocolate sauce:
1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup water
vanilla ice cream (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a square tin.
- Using a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate. Add the sugar, mix well, and remove from the double boiler.
- Add the 3 eggs, one at a time. Stir after each addition.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, and flour. Mix everything well until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared square tin. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and milk.
- Microwave on high for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, stir, and set aside.
How to assemble:
- Heat the sizzler plates on an open flame until it is red hot.
- Combine the powdered sugar and water in a small bowl. Mix well until the sugar is fully dissolved. Drizzle the mixture over brownies.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce evenly on each plate and put one brownie in the center. Top with 2 more tablespoons of the chocolate sauce, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and another 2 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce.
- Put the plate on the wooden tray and serve immediately.
- When melting the butter and chocolate, make sure that no lumps remain.
To ensure rich-tasting brownies, be sure to use good quality chocolate and cocoa powder.
The mixture of ‘hot’ sauce and cold ice cream is what makes this dessert a more delightful one. Enjoy!