Are you looking for a snack or dessert that has some serious staying power – something that can keep you going all day long? Well, you should try making Soft and Chewy Granola Bars!
It is no secret that granola is a very healthy food item. It is calorie-dense, and it is also an excellent source of micronutrients, protein, as well as fiber. It has become one of the most preferred breakfast cereals. For those of you who are trying to lose weight, granola is definitely something that you should incorporate into your diet.
Since it is high in protein and fiber, it curbs your appetite while keeping you energized for a long time. This is exactly the reason why granola bars have taken the world by storm. They are flavorful and quite versatile. You can eat them in between meals as a snack, or you can also have them for dessert. Either way, you’ll get to enjoy the health benefits, plus the delightful taste, of course.
Is it hard to make soft and chewy granola bars? Not at all! You’ll be surprised at how easy you can make a huge batch. As for the ingredients, you will only need a few.Print
With this Soft and Chewy Granola Bar recipe, you won’t have to buy your favorite snack or dessert from the store ever again! You can even add your choice of nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chips!
2 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 c. whole almonds (coarsely chopped)
1/3 c. high-quality honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 c. unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Put the oats and almonds into a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes. Stir and bake for another 5 minutes or until lightly toasted then transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, honey, salt, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Mix well. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Add the mixture to the toasted oats and almonds. Let cool for 5 minutes then add the cranberries and 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Press it into the pan using a rubber spatula. You can also use your fingertips.
- Scatter remaining mini chocolate chips over pressed granola mixture. Use the rubber spatula once again to press them into the top. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and get rid of the aluminum foil. Cut the block into 12 bars.
Store the granola bars in an airtight container. They should be good for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
If you wish your granola bars to be a little soft, keep them at room temperature. But if you want them hard, store them in the fridge. Or, you can also wrap them well and keep them in the freezer. They should last for up to three months.