With this Soft and Chewy Granola Bar recipe, you won’t have to buy your favorite snack or dessert from the store ever again! You can even add your choice of nuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chips!
2 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 c. whole almonds (coarsely chopped)
1/3 c. high-quality honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 c. unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Put the oats and almonds into a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes. Stir and bake for another 5 minutes or until lightly toasted then transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, honey, salt, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Mix well. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Add the mixture to the toasted oats and almonds. Let cool for 5 minutes then add the cranberries and 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Press it into the pan using a rubber spatula. You can also use your fingertips.
- Scatter remaining mini chocolate chips over pressed granola mixture. Use the rubber spatula once again to press them into the top. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and get rid of the aluminum foil. Cut the block into 12 bars.
Store the granola bars in an airtight container. They should be good for up to a week.