Soft and crumbly, that’s what these polvorons are. They literally melt in your mouth! They are easy to customize with other flavors, just perfect for a snack or dessert.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup lard or melted butter
1 cup raw almonds (peeled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind the peeled raw almonds.
- Put the ground almonds with flour in a tray suitable for the oven and toast them for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the almond mixture from the oven and let cool.
- Mix the lard or melted butter with the powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the flour and almond mixture to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Make a ball with the dough that was formed, cover it with a plastic wrap, and let it rest for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is about 1 cm thick.
- Cut out polvorons using a cookie cutter. Carefully put them in a tray.
- While filling the tray with cut-out polvorons, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit again. Cook them at that temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Let the polvorons cool completely.
- Dust them with powdered sugar.
- When toasting the almonds, be sure to rotate the tray so that they toast evenly.
- Do not put the dough in the fridge because then it will get hard and will be hard to handle.
- You can also add nutmegs and cinnamon to the flour.