Have you ever tried making spiced hot fruit bake? If you’ve tried and failed or perhaps you want to give it a try for the first time, you’ll want to take some notes and follow along as I take you through how to make this delicious dish. It’s the perfect addition to any holiday menu.Print
This Spiced Hot Fruit Bake comprises of a variety of fruit including plums, apples, pears, and, apricots all topped with nuts for added flavor.
4 pounds mixed dried fruit, such as apricots, apples, pears and plums
2 tablespoons water
1 cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts (such as pecans, cashews and hazelnuts)
3/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the fruit; toss well and set aside.
- In a separate container combine sugar, maple syrup, water, and cinnamon.
- Add sugary mixture to the fruit and add evenly to a baking dish.
- Spead nuts over the dish and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the top is slightly crisp yet tender.
Serve warm or cold with cream, if desired.
Now I’m sure you’ll enjoy this recipe because it’s a great example of a holiday dish that tastes just as good cold as it does hot.
What stood out to me about this recipe is the fact that I love baked fruit dishes and have been searching for something new to try out with all the summer fruits we’re going to be getting soon.
Also, it calls for maple syrup- which sounds awesome! Maple syrup is definitely one of my favorite things so I’m excited to see how this recipe turns out!
I can tell you from experience that Spiced Hot Fruit Bake looks wonderful served warm from the oven…though after adding some cream to my plateful I decided it was tasty enough without anything else too!
There’s a little less sugar in there than most fruit bakes too so I’m not worried about it being very unhealthy. Perfect to have with ice cream!!!