This Spiced Hot Fruit Bake comprises of a variety of fruit including plums, apples, pears, and, apricots all topped with nuts for added flavor.
4 pounds mixed dried fruit, such as apricots, apples, pears and plums
2 tablespoons water
1 cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts (such as pecans, cashews and hazelnuts)
3/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the fruit; toss well and set aside.
- In a separate container combine sugar, maple syrup, water, and cinnamon.
- Add sugary mixture to the fruit and add evenly to a baking dish.
- Spead nuts over the dish and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the top is slightly crisp yet tender.
Serve warm or cold with cream, if desired.