This delicious dessert – Strawberry Galette – is begging to be on your table. It is so gorgeous and super delicious. Its presentation might intimidate you, but you should not hesitate to make it because the truth is, it is quite simple to put together. Starting from the buttery pie crust to the luscious strawberry filling, it is simple baking at its finest.
Even if you are a novice baker, there is no doubt that you will be able to make this delightful Strawberry Galette. And the shaping? Don’t worry as it is very easy too!
Galettes are a great way to enjoy in-season fruits – peaches, berries, you name it. But our star for today is none other than STRAWBERRIES! If you have noticed, I have featured lots of strawberry desserts already. That’s because I am in love with strawberries as much as I am with cheesecake and chocolate! 🙂
Going back to our dessert recipe…It is literally very simple. All you have to do is to make the crust, fill it with juicy strawberries, bake it to perfection, and voila, you have the perfect dessert!Print
This Strawberry Galette comes with a flaky crust, and sweet, juicy filling. It is delicious and stunning, making it an excellent dessert option whatever the celebration is.
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 c. unsalted butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
About 1/2 cup of ice water
3 c. strawberries (sliced)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg (for egg wash)
- BY HAND: Place the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and butter in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse sand. Add the water and mix well.
- USING A FOOD PROCESSOR: Put the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor and then pulse until a coarse-sand mixture forms. Add the water and continue to pulse until the dough is good enough.
Place the dough on a floured surface and form a ball. Cut in half and flatten each one into a disk. Wrap in plastic and then put in the fridge for about an hour.
Filling and baking:
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch to a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll each piece of dough into a circle (about 12 inches in diameter).
- Place half of the filling in the middle of each circle, leaving 2 to 3 inches border.
- Fold up the sides over the filling all the way around. Do the same with the remaining piece of dough and filling.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg.
- Bake the galette for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can store your strawberry galette at room temperature for up to 2 days. Make sure to loosely cover it with foil. You can also use plastic wrap.
To reheat a strawberry galette, do it in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes or until warm at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.