I am sure you have already seen this dessert in a fancy restaurant or perhaps served during that last party you have attended. It’s so gorgeous, isn’t it? Plus, it is really good. Well, rejoice because you can definitely recreate this at home.
What is ‘Mille-Feuille’? This French word means ‘thousand sheets’ or ‘thousand leaves’. You can then tell that this treat is made with multiple layers. It is flaky and creamy. It is rich but light. It has this very appealing blend of flavors and textures.
Is it difficult to make? Not really. In order for you to cut down on the preparation time, you are free to make use of frozen puff pastry dough. You can make your own too if you wish to. Either way, this Strawberry Mille-Feuille is certainly worth the time and effort.Print
This Strawberry Mille-Feuille is an elegant dessert. Yes, it requires a little bit of effort, but it’s all worth it. This treat looks and tastes good. You can be sure that everybody will love it.
5/8 cup of powdered sugar
100 ml fresh cream (lightly whipped)
4 large eggs
500 ml milk
1/4 cup plain flour
1 packet puff pastry (naturally thawed)
2/3 cup icing sugar
2 cups strawberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light and frothy. Sieve in flour.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan. Add the vanilla extract and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, pour it over the egg mixture.
- Continue boiling for about 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Let cool. Once it is cool enough, fold in the cream.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using some sifted icing sugar, lightly dust your work surface.
- Cut the defrosted puff pastry into two and roll each piece into an even-sized rectangle.
- Cut the pastry into 4 strips.
- Using a fork, prick the pastry strips lightly and then transfer them to a
baking sheet. Use a flat one.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once baked, dust the pastry generously with icing sugar. Caramelized the top using the grill from the oven or a chef’s blow torch.
- Set aside.
How to Assemble:
- Lay a piece of the pastry on your work surface. Pipe with some of the custard filling on top.
- Arrange some sliced strawberries and then top with another piece of pastry.
- Repeat the step one more time.
- You can add one or two more layers if you like.
As easy as that! It’s not really that difficult to recreate a fancy dessert like Strawberry Mille-Feuille at home, especially if you are using frozen puff pastry. Your dessert will be ready before you know it.
Serving this treat to your friends and family members will definitely impress them. This Strawberry Mille-Feuille is a crowd-pleaser. It is gorgeous, delicious, and enticing! Try this dessert recipe today and make everybody happy. I am pretty sure each of them would love to have a second serving.