I have always been a fan of strawberries. I find their color really attractive. They are also delicious and loaded with vitamins and minerals. Whether they are fresh or frozen, I just love them! I like them in my smoothie as well as a filling or topping for my sweet treat. So today, we are going to feature a simple yet delicious dessert – a very enticing one – Strawberry Tart!
This right here is the perfect summer dessert, but it is something that you can actually whip together whatever the season or celebration is. From its buttery crust to its creamy filling and fresh, juicy strawberry topping, not to mention the fruit glaze, you will surely love every bit of it.
Fruit tarts are gorgeous and delicious. You can never go wrong with them. Sure, strawberry tarts may not be the quickest dessert to make, but it certainly is one of the prettiest. So if you are having an occasion soon and you want to impress your guests, this dessert will definitely do the job.Print
This strawberry tart is the perfect all-year-round dessert, but it’s best during the summertime. Nobody could ever resist its buttery crust, cream filling, and fresh strawberry topping, plus the delicious fruit glaze. It’s a must-try, indeed!
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. butter (frozen and grated)
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp ice water
8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
2 tablespoons sour cream
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 lb. fresh strawberries (enough to fill the tart pans)
1/4 c. red currant jam
2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients for the pastry crust, except the water, in a food processor. Pulse together until crumbs are formed.
- Gradually pour in water while pulsing, one tablespoon at a time. Pulse until the dough turns light yellow and begins to form a clump.
- Form the mixture into a ball, flatten it, wrap it in plastic, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thick into a circle about 1 1/2 inches bigger around the tart pan.
- Place dough into a tart pan or pans with a removable bottom and press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Trim the edges.
- Prick the bottom of the dough using a fork.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before filling with cream cheese filling.
- Mix all the cream filling ingredients in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream cheese filling (about 1/2 inch thick) to the tart pan.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is browned. Allow to cool.
- Add berries to the cream cheese layer, starting in the middle and working around in a circle.
- In a saucepan, heat jam and water, cool slightly and brush over the fruit.
- Remove from tart pans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Instead of red currant jam, you can use apricot or seedless strawberry jam.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
If you want, you can also make mini strawberry tarts. They are as delicious! 🙂