Swedish Almond Cake
Sure, there are thousands of cake recipes out there, but not all of them would please everybody. Some of them are also too complicated that I’m sure a lot of you wouldn’t want to make them, especially if you are just learning to bake. So does this mean that you can no longer enjoy a delicious cake for a snack or dessert? Of course, not!
What you need to do is to start with a simple yet delicious cake recipe. This Swedish Almond Cake would be a good one. If you take a look at the list of ingredients, you will see that they are very basic, plus the steps are super easy. The result though is a savory cake that you can be really proud of.
If you are having a family dinner or you have friends coming over the weekend, this delicious Swedish Almond Cake would be the perfect treat. No need for frosting or icing, but it is savory as it is. Check it out!
This Swedish Almond Cake makes any occasion or gathering much sweeter. It is simple, but it is a dense cake with a sweet almond topping. All you have to do is pair a slice with your choice of hot beverage and you are all set!
1 c. vanilla sugar
1 lemon (zested)
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter (melted)
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 tablespoon coarse sugar (pearl sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- Blend vanilla sugar with lemon zest in a mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and add the salt and almond extract.
- Add the flour and melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar and almonds on top.
- Bake cake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven. Cool several minutes before turning out of the pan.
- You can serve this cake warm or at room temperature.
- Feel free to add more almonds on top if you wish to.
If you are a huge fan of almonds, then for sure, this cake would be your new favorite. You can make it for the holidays and even all year long! Trust me, it is super moist, dense, and the hint of lemon makes every bite more enjoyable. Pair it with a cup of tea or coffee and share it with your friends and family members. That right there would be soooo good!
In Sweden, ‘Fika’ is considered an essential part of every day. It means sitting down with a friend over a cup of tea or snack. And there is nothing better to snack on than this delicious almond cake. All of us deserve to have a little bit of time for relaxation, and you can certainly make that time more enjoyable with this treat.
Say goodbye to those dull, airy coffee cakes with crumb toppings, and say hello to this simple yet delicious Swedish Almond Cake!