Tasty Chocolate Muffins
To those of you out there who are ‘CHOCOHOLICS’, this Tasty Chocolate Muffin recipe will surely put a huge smile on your face. 🙂 They are moist, so tasty, and full of chocolate goodness. They make a delicious breakfast, after-school snack, and, of course, dessert!
Growing up, I’ve always been a fan of chocolate, be it candy, cake, pudding, or ice cream. I’d grab anything with chocolate in it in a heartbeat! 🙂 I am sure you would agree with me when I say that chocolate is one of the all-time favorites of most people. And I’m also pretty sure that a lot of you are smiling right now because you always keep a stash of chocolate somewhere. 🙂
Making chocolate muffins is incredibly simple. You can make a huge batch in just a couple of hours. So if you want to serve them during a party, no need to stress out or anything. The ingredients are basic as well.
So what makes these Chocolate Muffins extra special? Well, for one, you would have a double hit of chocolate because it involves unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Lots of them! And you have the freedom to add more if you wish to! 🙂
These chocolate muffins are tasty and moist. They come with a deep chocolate flavor because of the unsweetened cocoa powder as well as the chocolate chips, giving them that wonderful texture.
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp baking soda
1 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, vanilla, egg, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is just blended.
- Fill the greased muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the muffin cups for about 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To check if the muffins are ready, insert a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean.
Are you wondering how to get those domed tops for your chocolate muffins? You need to start baking them at high heat (about 425 degrees Fahrenheit) for the first 10 minutes of the baking time. This should allow the water in the muffins to evaporate rapidly, which will then create steam and make the muffins rise quickly.
Another thing that you have to remember is that you should utilize vegetable, canola, or olive oil. While it is true that you can use pretty much any liquid fat, these types of oil though would keep your muffins tender even when they have cooled completely.