These chocolate muffins are tasty and moist. They come with a deep chocolate flavor because of the unsweetened cocoa powder as well as the chocolate chips, giving them that wonderful texture.
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp baking soda
1 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, vanilla, egg, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is just blended.
- Fill the greased muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the muffin cups for about 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To check if the muffins are ready, insert a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean.