Elaborate pastries, cakes, and pies are great for the weekend or when you are hosting a party. But when you get hit by a sudden craving for sweets, what you need is something that you can easily whip up. This Pecan Brownie recipe can be your go-to no-fuss dessert to quickly satisfy your sweet tooth.
Brownies are very popular, and they are absolutely delicious. That, of course, depends on how you make it and what you are making it with. Instead of settling for plain brownies, why don’t you add some nuts, chocolate chips, or even frosting to them? Pecans would be a great addition. It will give your moist brownies that distinct texture that everybody will surely love.
What are pecans? To those of you who are not familiar with pecans, they are a type of tree nut that originated in North America. These nuts have become a popular ingredient not only for desserts but also for main dishes and appetizers.
Pecans are very healthy. They contain healthy fats, protein, as well as fiber. They are also a good source of magnesium, potassium, and calcium. The monounsaturated fat that you can get from this type of nuts is good for the heart, and it can help regulate your cholesterol level. According to studies, pecans can be used for diabetes management, arthritis relief, and disease prevention.
Now, let’s talk about how you can make THE Best Pecan Brownies…Print
If you love pecan pie, then you will definitely love this brownie recipe. Topped with lots of pecans, your regular brownies will be taken to the next level. That’s for sure!
1 box brownie mix (check the packaging if it requires more ingredients)
3 1/2 cups whole or chopped pecans
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan (9X13) with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownies according to the instructions indicated on the packaging. Pour into the baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Start making the pecan filling by combining maple syrup with vanilla, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Add the eggs and pecans. Stir well until pecans are fully coated.
- Spread pecan topping even over baked brownies. Put it back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let it cool before slicing and serving.
You can also make the brownies from scratch instead of using a brownie mix.
Pecan brownies are really good. Like what we have said, this recipe will take your regular brownies to the next level, thanks to the delicious pecan toppings. Imagine having a bite of moist, fudgy, and rich brownies with pecans. The texture would be excellent.
You can serve these brownies after-dinner. Or, you can also eat them for a snack. Pair them with your favorite hot coffee or tea, and your day would be complete!