If you love pecan pie, then you will definitely love this brownie recipe. Topped with lots of pecans, your regular brownies will be taken to the next level. That’s for sure!
1 box brownie mix (check the packaging if it requires more ingredients)
3 1/2 cups whole or chopped pecans
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan (9X13) with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownies according to the instructions indicated on the packaging. Pour into the baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Start making the pecan filling by combining maple syrup with vanilla, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Add the eggs and pecans. Stir well until pecans are fully coated.
- Spread pecan topping even over baked brownies. Put it back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let it cool before slicing and serving.
You can also make the brownies from scratch instead of using a brownie mix.