Ground pecans, butter, and powdered sugar – these are the secrets to making THE best Snowball Cookies. Get ready for a snowball fight!
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups toasted pecans (finely ground)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt using an electric mixer.
- Add flour (in 2 batches) using a spatula and then stir in the nuts. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Cover the mixture and leave it in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Scoop approximately a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a rounded ball. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Arrange the dough balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the underside of the cookies is lightly browned. The top should still be pale in color.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then gently roll them in powdered sugar while they are still warm. Put them on a wire rack and allow them to completely cool.
- Roll the cookies in powdered sugar one more time and serve.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Or, you can also keep it in the freezer for 6 weeks.