This recipe takes your traditional cracker to the next level. A single bite would surely make your taste buds rejoice. It’s an easy way to enjoy toffee!
90 pieces of buttery rectangle crackers
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange about 30 crackers in it.
- Combine condensed milk, milk, butter, and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat and wait until butter is melted.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture over crackers in the pan. Put another set of 30 crackers on top of the caramel, pour another 1/3 of the mixture, and repeat steps with the remaining crackers and caramel mixture.
- Put the chocolate chips in a bowl and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until melted. Pour over caramel and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once set, cut into 6×8 rows.
When trying to melt the butter, make sure to stir constantly so that the mixture won’t burn. Increase heat and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour (Chilling Time)