I’ve always been a huge fan of cheesecake whatever the topping is. I can eat it all day long! 🙂 When I found out about chocolate cheesecake, it quickly attracted my attention. And when I tasted it, I would say: THE REST IS HISTORY! Yes, I am a chocolate lover, too, and this Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake has captured my heart big time. It’s perfectly rich and creamy, and it sure melts in the mouth. I couldn’t ask for more!
Now, if you love chocolate as well, this chocolate cheesecake would be your new favorite. That I can guarantee. It’s like chocolate mousse, but it’s much better. It also comes with an Oreo crust, which makes this dessert even more delicious.
Is it hard to make? Not at all! It would only take you 20 minutes to prepare everything that you need, plus a bake time of one hour. After which, you can enjoy a truly delightful dessert.
Unlike other chocolate cheesecake recipes, this right here does not involve too many ingredients. The steps are not complicated either. So even if you are just starting to learn how to bake cakes, this recipe would be a good start. You’d be proud of the end result!Print
This chocolate cheesecake is an easy dessert for all chocolate lovers out there. It’s cheesy, creamy, and chocolatey!
For the crust:
24 Oreos (finely crushed)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 c. butter (melted)
For the cheesecake:
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (melted)
4 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each)
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
For the ganache topping:
5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
3/4 c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with sugar and butter in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and press into the bottom and sides of a springform pan (9-inch).
- Bake for about 8 minutes and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar using a stand mixer on medium speed. Reduce the speed to low and add sour cream and cocoa powder. Mix well and start adding the melted chocolate and egg one at a time. Pour the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Wrap the bottom of the pan with foil and make sure that it is tight enough to prevent water from getting in.
- Put the springform pan into a larger pan with hot water about 3/4-inch deep.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Loosen the cake by running a knife around the rim. Let cool for an hour.
- Combine the heavy cream and chocolate in the microwave and mix well. Top the cheesecake with the ganache.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
You can use a double broiler too to melt the chocolate.
If you want to store your chocolate cheesecake, put it in an airtight container and refrigerate. It should last for up to five days. You can also freeze it if you wish to. Just wrap it in plastic, and it should be good up to a month.