This chocolate cheesecake is an easy dessert for all chocolate lovers out there. It’s cheesy, creamy, and chocolatey!
For the crust:
24 Oreos (finely crushed)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 c. butter (melted)
For the cheesecake:
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (melted)
4 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each)
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
For the ganache topping:
5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
3/4 c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with sugar and butter in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and press into the bottom and sides of a springform pan (9-inch).
- Bake for about 8 minutes and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar using a stand mixer on medium speed. Reduce the speed to low and add sour cream and cocoa powder. Mix well and start adding the melted chocolate and egg one at a time. Pour the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Wrap the bottom of the pan with foil and make sure that it is tight enough to prevent water from getting in.
- Put the springform pan into a larger pan with hot water about 3/4-inch deep.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Loosen the cake by running a knife around the rim. Let cool for an hour.
- Combine the heavy cream and chocolate in the microwave and mix well. Top the cheesecake with the ganache.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
You can use a double broiler too to melt the chocolate.