Chocolate chip cookies…..They are everybody’s favorite! And you know what’s more interesting? This treat is more than 80 years old! Yes, it’s been that long since the very first chocolate chip cookie was made.
In the 1930s, an American chef named Ruth Wakefield invented chocolate chip cookies. Some stories say that Wakefield invented this sweet treat by accident. But one thing is for sure – she never expected that her invention would capture the hearts of many Americans and also people across the globe. And to this day, chocolate chip cookies are one of the most popular sweet treats out there. That said, you should have an excellent recipe in your repertoire.
The one that we are about to share with you is the secret to the best chocolate chip cookies, EVER! They are amazingly delicious, and you can rest assured that they will turn out perfectly each time you make them.
Another good thing about this Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is it does not require complicated ingredients nor steps. There is no chilling time either. It is a very straightforward recipe, and for sure you will love it!Print
Chocolate chip cookies are really good, but this recipe will give you THE BEST! They are doughy but fully cooked. They are amazingly delicious, and you will be proud to serve them. That’s for sure!
1 c. salted butter (softened)
1 c. white granulated sugar
1 c. packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients, including the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll about 3 tablespoons of dough at a time into balls and arrange them on the prepared pan or baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven when they are starting to brown.
- Allow them to sit on the baking pan for about 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can also utilize chunks or chopped chocolate.
- You are free to alter the measurement of the dough that you are going to turn into balls, depending on how big you want your chocolate chip cookies to be.
- Cuisine: American
You have to keep in mind NEVER to overbake your chocolate chip cookies. When you remove them from the oven, they should still look doughy. That’s the secret to this recipe. And trust me, you will surely love the result!
As for the use of salt, you can adjust the measurement as well according to your liking. Do not use iodized salt. I highly recommend for you to utilize natural sea salt instead.