Vegan Chocolate Cake With Strawberries
Everybody will all be so happy with a chocolate cake. Chocolate cakes are still the most popular cakes since it was first introduced in 1948. With many cakes to choose from, chocolate cakes seem to be the top choice of the many sweet-toothed out there.
A chocolate cake goes perfectly with milk, coffee, or tea. This makes it suitable for a light breakfast for someone on the go or an afternoon snack. But a chocolate cake with strawberries is best fitted for dessert.
Vegan Chocolate Cake With Strawberries is perfect when taken as dessert after dinner. You will not only be treated with the sweetness of chocolate but also with the freshness of strawberries. Make one for your dinner with a special someone and your night will surely become more romantic. Vegan Chocolate Cake With Strawberries can be an ideal dessert for your Valentine’s Day dinner.
1 cup of fine oat flour, certified GF if needed
⅓ cup of white whole wheat flour, or Spelt all-purpose flour, or a 1:1 gluten-free blend.
½ tsp. of fine sea salt
⅓ cup of cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp. of baking powder
½ tsp. of baking soda
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. of light canned coconut milk
⅔ cup of coconut sugar, or light brown sugar, if desired.
1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
⅓ cup of dairy-free chocolate chips, optional (omit for a less sweet, refined-sugar-free cake)
10 to 12 med/large strawberries, hulled and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a circular paper at the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, toss in oat flour, wheat flour, and salt. Sift in the cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the coconut milk, balsamic, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the coconut mixture into the bowl of flour and stir until combined completely. Add about ¼ cup of chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top with remaining chocolate chips in between the strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 t0 34 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is set. Remove from oven.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes before removing from springform pan.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Weighing ingredients using a kitchen scale can be the best way to measure flour. It is much easier than when you use cups. If you are excited about what is becoming of your cake, resist opening the oven door as the rush of cold air can create a sinkhole in the center of your cake.
With this chocolate cake recipe, you can be assured that this is a healthier version of all the chocolate cakes out there. If you follow a strict vegan diet, this can be the right way to quench your craving for chocolate cakes.
This oil-free recipe uses whole grain and you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free blend. You can also skip using chocolate chips. Indeed, this recipe is healthy through and through.